Get The Look: Drew Barrymore

Fiiiine! Don't make any requests! I will just do this one anyway. Drew can be very hit and miss with her fashion, hair and make-up. Thankfully here she looks like an absolute goddess! The shiny hair! The glowing skin! Ahhh. So pretty! Here's the way I would achieve a similar look!

I'd start with a silicone based primer like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. You'll want to use fairly heavy, velvety foundation for this look. One of my all time favorite beauty products ever is the Georgio Armani Designer Shaping Creme Foundation and this is what I'd be using here. Apply it with a brush and then use your finger to finish the look. A light dusting of loose translucent powder such as Ben Nye's version over the T-zone will help keep it looking perfect all night. For contouring I would use NARS Laguna bronzer. Just sweep some under your cheekbones and a small amount on the nose, forehead and chin to look ever so slightly sun kissed! There is not too much illumination going on here so I would just use a matte neutral pink such as Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink on the apple of the cheek for that hint of a flush.

As for the brows, just slick them in to place with some brow gel. I like The Body Shop's Clear Brow Gel for a cheapy but a goodie!

Now for eyes... Always, always prime those peepers. I never do my make-up with out a bit of Too Faced Shadow Insurance and neither should you! Once you have done that use a matte neutral shadow over the whole lid all brands will have one of these and I am sure you have one (or two, or three) in your collection! Then on the upper lid apply i.d Bare Mineral Eye Glimmer in Disco to just above the crease line. I adore adore this colour and it is a perrrrfect match to the colour on Drew's eye's here. Now you need some serious smudgy smokey goodness for that sexy bedroom look! I would be using Smashbox Gel Eyeliner in Caviar for this. Use a flat, stiff brush to apply it all the way along your upper lash line and then get out a cotton bud and smudge that line! Then do the same to the lower lash line but only take the liner half way across. Add a small amount of the aforementioned Disco to the inner corner of the lower lash line for that extra dazzle.

As for mascara, well you need some serious va va voom here and I think Diorshow will do the trick. Do 2 or 3 layers and really work to coat every single lash.

Last but not least- lips. Use a nude slightly pink toned pencil (Georgio Armani no. 2) to line the lips and then apply you lipstick. Again you are looking for a pink tones nude and for me you can't go past Harlotte lip products when life calls for a nude lip. The colour I would choose here is Peek A Boo. Cute!

So there you have it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment